Sometimes we make fat loss out to be more complex than it needs to be. A ton of people think more is better when it comes to fat loss. However, physiology it is better to keep your approach short in duration and high in intensity. Also most of the time the real world comes into play and time is the limiting factor when it comes to fat loss. So keep these simple tips and this simple approach in mind gor optomizing fat loss.
1) Activity Level Higher – walk when on the phone, walk at lunch, active transportation, 5,000 to 10,000 steps a day.
2) Create a Caloric Deficit – Some people say “eat less” but if you starve you wcould deplete your thyroid function, so your metabolism down. So lets start small at first, here is a small step that works wonders. Eat 250 calories less than what you do now and burn 250 a day. This is a 500 calorie a day start. Over the course of 7 days thats 3,500 calories which would result in 1 pound of weight loss a week. 4 pounds of weight loss a month. 12 pounds in 3 months. If you are considered obese, maybe you cut 500 calories and burn 500 now your talking 7000 a week, 2 pound weight loss a week, 8 a month and 24 pounds down in 3 months!
3) 10 Minutes Hard A Day Rule – Everybpdy has 10 minutes. If you are not in the gym use your body weight or one piece of equipment.
Do times sets 30 seconds work 30 rest for 10 minutes. Or use body weight and select an upper body, lower body, & cardio exercise and do 10 reps, 9 reps, 8 reps all way to 1 rep, as fast as possible, using clean form. Some exercuses you could use for this could be Body Weight Squats, Free Push Ups, Burpees.
4) Get a Trainer and Do The Following Approach When In The Gym:
The goal is to lose fat not weight. Don’t get me wrong if you are over weight, you need to get your to a healthy weight. However, you can starve and the scale number could drop, but if you don’t look leaner, more dense and leaner in your jeans then who cares about how much you lost.
The key is to do it right by speeding your metabolism, to make your body a fat burner. By lifting moderate weights for 8 to 12 reps, using short rest periods, that have a lower body to upper exercise type flow. An example of this coukd be 10 dead lifts rest 30 seconds, 10 Dumbell Rows rest 30 seconds and repeat for 4 rounds. Now you are getting a large caloric disturbance throughout your body by working larger muscle groups and by alternating from upper to lower exercises. This is just a basic set up for fat loss training, for more ideas on exercises to utilize or program design feel free to contact me.
Also when done lifting weights in that particular fashion, make sure to perform hard bouts of high intensity cardio enriched intervals to conclude your work out. The harder forms of exercise helps to burn a large amount of calories during training and especially after, do to how hard your body has to work to recover.
5) Nutrition (This is actually the most important thing)
Drink a gallon of water a day
Eat less doughy foods
Eat foods from the earth
Eat less dairy and sugar
Eat your body weight in protein a day
Eat to 80% full
Stay hungry longer
Dont eat before bed